Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"But the Lord will deliver them out of them all."

When I knew I carried a baby with birth defects, a guest speaker--who had no idea what I went through--visited our church. At the end of the service he called me to the front of the room. He didn't even know me, just pointed, and told me to stand. In front of the whole church he said that God gave him a message meant for me. He said, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord will deliver them out of them all." Chills ran up and down my body before I started crying. 
    My baby, Zeke, ended up passing away. But I never forgot that scripture because somehow it helped me recover from the death of my son.

To learn more about Zeke, please click on this picture.


If you'd like to hear a live interview about Zeke and his story, visit THIS LINK on April 12th, 2013 at 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time Zone.   

The interview will last for 1(one) hour.
 

3 comments:

  1. Elisa, reading The Golden Sky has been an emotional yet cathartic experience for me. How beautiful is Zeke's story. We lost our second baby at birth, and this awakened some of that which I thought was buried deep within me, but opened it in a healing way. Thank you so much for sharing Zeke with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you lost a baby as well. *hugs* Thank you so much for reading Zeke's story. It's moments like this--feedback like this--that make releasing that book very worth it for me.
    Thank you,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there tonight. You'll be talking to friends.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete